24 September 2008

Dientes: LOSAIDA

...en una puertica por el barrio LES aka Losaida. I'm feeling groovy about this black and white thing. After a few weeks of school, and sensing that my "digital workflow" must and will be up to par (we are grateful/optimistic about this, too) I found the revisiting of la tierra blanco y negro a necessary trip. Grain, that beautiful, innocent foil to the dog(ma) of digital, is a glorious thing. If I had the time to produce work in b/w, develop, scan negatives, and print work-prints for my classes, I might choose to do just that... And it's not even like my digital jpgs are all perfect, and free of scratch, by the way, not even close...ironically, from what I've seen throughout this orientation-week project, the assistant teachers/graduates, prefer imperfect/blur/fuzz/hip-shots over crisp, clear, well-composed, well-lit images...i wonder about the happy medium.

No comments: