14 October 2009

taterpoles

kmb visits smb, october 2009. there was a period of time where this girl was the first person i wanted to see in the morning and the last person i talked to on the phone before bed...'what the fuck are you guys talking about now!? you just spent all day in school together!!!" and? i know that when i see her i will collapse. i get strong when i am alone (or i try to be) and then when i see something who knows me better than i know myself (LSP, KMB) i collapse, get weak in the knees, my insecurities come out, i fold, i child, i rumple...KMB is always right. I would probably follow her gut before I followed my own. One of the best photos of us from childhood is us in matching swimsuits washing my mother's grey subaru station wagon in our driveway on college court...we are both wearing goggles, smiling like 7 year old balls of happiness, and holding the same hose that is spritzing the station wagon i learned to drive in...tater liked bob dylan before me, found a little bit of love before me, played soccer before me, used words funnily before me, found thrift stores and magazines and good movies before me...she was, after all, born in january...and i was born toooooooo late...

No comments: