26 February 2010

Bubble Bath / Ocean

...yesterday a 'killer' whale aka an orca killed one of his trainers in orlando, florida...that makes all the sense in the world to me...you? regarding foam: when i was standing looking at it and trying to avoid its seeping into my canvas sneakers on the quicksand beach, it looked like 1 shade of white, not three shades of créme...it's weird - imagine you look at people and you see one shade of brilliant white and in reality (is that through a lens?) they're three shades of yellow?! i think this has happened to me.
this is california's ocean beach...up the road it turns green, grey, and windy...jagged, even. world class. here is where the word crisp was invented...and where my Pops took a photograph of me in my grey jacket on my 5th birthday. it was windy and my hair was not exactly curly but wispy, and the wisps were blowing across my face and i remember that detail very clearly. the light was gold and i held stiller than still for that photograph...it was as if we thought we were doing something very, very important...

and i think we were; we're a serious brood...

No comments: