13 January 2009

St--ry N--ht (Terrorism at the NY MOMA)

You don't need to see the painting to know the painting. And so, as my shutter released in a small, very acoustic room, I cringed. I just wanted the borders, that's all...my apologies, Van Gogh (love your earlier work...thumbs up!)...As I cringed and advanced the film, a grandpa type appeared to my right...he whispered in my ear like a fearsome professor chastising a cheating student...'come on, now you know in America we don't take photos in museums...you know that...have some respect...' Ayyyyy abuelito, I do know that...and yet, que carrrrramba le importa a usted?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was there. And to the contrary, I think that, yes, indeed, we (some people, at least) do take photos in museums. Sorry, old man. Okay, maybe they are mostly Japanese tourists. But whatever.
P.S. I finished that damn puzzle. It took me exactly one month.