18 July 2009

Tates / Tudor / The Tudors c.1997

Ack! Two Young Taters, 1997.

Tater is, without NO doubt, a better friend than me. Also: person. She is cleaner, a better cook, a better instruction follower, a better writer, more domestic, a better learner, more responsible, smarter, more decent, more organized, more respectful, more logical and level-headed, and more trust-worthy...than me. We shared one identity between the two of us for about 10 years somewhere in there...this scared people. They didn't know how to sit back and appreciate, or get in between, or even communicate with or around us...so it goes...There is nothing she doesn't know about me. I would sometimes feel like that was too much...and when I felt like this, like I was 'sharing' too much (unpressed) I would recoil in a violent, resentful way that I thought was subtle...this happened every 8 or 9 months...and she would sense it. and we would fight. and i would never know what the actual issue was. and she would be patient. and then pack me a sandwich for work like i was her fucking baby! annnnnnnnnnnd she calls them like she sees them...in truth she is the keeper of everything tragic gross embarassing ugly vulnerable painful that has transpired in my life. no story she doesn't know or even moment or a feeling that maybe lasted 24 hours, nothing that she doesn't remember...there is nothing she doesn't know about me. or you, for that matter...she could probably write my story for me...in fact, maybe she already has..we spent most of jr. high and high school on the telephone with each other, making fun of people, creating and nurturing our own language, weeding out assholes and always coming back to our party of two, getting good grades, loving our mothers, trying to learn how to grow, and raiding 99 cent stores along desolate stretches of the central valley...i will never be homeless as long as this motherfucking human bean is alive. whoever she marries should expect a very old borja to move in if i have not found something as worthy and wonderful as her.

for the record, she has a beautiful backside...just one of her many assets...the most important of course being her ability to sustain love for her best friend, an often bipolar stretch of desert never completely at rest...right, there's another one..she is also more humble, and i talk about myself all the time.

No comments: