08 May 2010

the artist formerly known as nice

...tater wants to know since when is 'nice' a TRULY bad thing? my roommate told me this, too ('but you're never mean to people')...as if being dismissive / aggressive was the only route to take with humans whose scent doesn't sit well with us...then how do people know if you really like them?! she said...this is where the concern for niceness really lies, i guess...with the ego.

...later, a similar sentiment was expressed - that i am too accommodating with people (my words), at the expense of myself (my words)...this coming in the form of him miming me taking a dagger to the side, slowly...sort of like he knew, actually, how one might deliver that kind of wound - period.

accommodating, kind, open, vulnerable, sensitive, patient, trustworthy, trustING - not all synonyms, by the way...that some who are new to my life choose to see me in this way is of no consequence. the reason people want to be in my life, love me, and respect me, has little to do with 'nice....'

to the kid who told me i was too nice : eat a dick.

<3

No comments: