08 May 2010

nerdy endeavors

...once, i found myself in the middle of a city-wide pillow fight in union square...a few minutes after the whole thing had commenced, i was smacked in the face really hard by a stranger's pillow. i wasn't even armed. i had been digging myself deeper and deeper into the mob, down feathers flying everywhere, me protecting the camera lens in my armpit, kids shrieking "pillllllllllllllllllllllllow fiiiiiiiiiiight!", me pushing through sweaty NYU kids, me in a quilt of oddities and stranger/strange interactions. my nose hurt. i felt stupid. it was funny. kind of. i laughed by myself by myself to myself with myself, hiding under my forearms and my closed eyes...that's all you need to do when faced with feather assault - close your eyes and call it tickling. it tapped into something really innocent, the whole event, i guess, and that was appealing.

No comments: