04 April 2009

Lori in Toe Shoes Prepping for Ballet Class on a Friday Afternoon

Lori eats one meal a day. She has danced most of her life. As I mentioned earlier, she is one of many frequenters of Broadway Dance Center, where yours truly and a couple thousand more go to work their shit out. I wanted to do a project with Lori but she didn't understand. Our conversations were incredibly strained because she kept believing that she needed to prove and re-explain her qualifications as a dancer and performer for me to be interested in her, when I was the one who approached her in the first place. I think she thought I was 'real-deal.' I began to get the feeling no one had paid her any attention in half a century. None. In the end (after a few weeks) it became clear that photography also deals in short-term relationships / flings / quick escalations of emotion. I wanted something from her, and then I didn't.


*Note: We still write each other.*

No comments: